Welcome to LSE and to the Department of Mathematics! We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you into the LSE community. Hopefully, you have received information from the School about registration, Welcome Week and other important matters. We will also be sending you some information which you should receive during September.
- Departmental Welcome Talk - Wednesday 21 September, 9-11am in CBG.1.02 (Centre Building)
- Enrolment - Tuesday 20 September, 2:45-3pm in the foyer of Marshall Building
- MSc Welcome Reception (all MSc Mathematics programmes) - Wednesday 21 September, 1:30-3pm in Kinta Alley (basement of 32L)
Welcome Letter from the Programme Director
MSc OR&A Handbook 2022-23
MSc OR&A Timetable Outline
MSc OR&A Programme Regulations
LSE Campus Accessibility Map
Link to the Department MSc Moodle Page
If you would like to gain some experience of computer programming before you arrive, you could learn the language R, which you will use in ST447 Data Analysis and Statistical Methods. Once you learn any language it is easy to learn others, and programming will be useful in your career. Programming will also give you a sense of what computers can and cannot do, that will be useful in all algorithmic courses.
Good starting points are:
- Dalgaard, Introductory Statistics with R (Springer, 2008)
- Coursera Course
- M. Anthony, M. Harvey, Linear Algebra (Cambridge University Press, 2012)