The deposit you need to pay depends on your hall and your room type.
- LSE halls and Sidney Webb House: £250 for single rooms and £500 for some couple or double rooms
- Urbanest halls: equal to one week’s rent for the room you have booked
- University of London halls: £500
- Lilian Knowles House: £400
Accommodation deposit refunds
Your accommodation deposit consists of a holding deposit and a security deposit.
Your holding deposit 'holds' your booking. It will be deducted from your first term's rent.
Your security deposit will be kept until after you move out. It helps cover the cost should we need to make any repairs, replace missing items or carry out a deep clean. If your room is in the same condition as stated in your inventory (give or take some usual wear and tear), we will refund your security deposit in full as soon as we reasonably can.
The split depends on the total deposit you've paid. For example:
- if you have paid £250, £110 is the holding deposit and £140 the security deposit
- if you have paid £500 (for a double room), £210 is the holding deposit and £290 the security deposit
For third-party halls, the deposit refund process may be different, please contact your provider directly for information.