London_5255 cropped

Information for General Course offer holders 2021/22



Accept your offer of a place on LSE for You

  • If you do not receive an invite to set up your LSE for You account within 2 weeks of receiving an offer, please email and include your LSE ID number
  • Accepting your offer is not binding, and should you subsequently wish to decline your offer before registration you will be able to do so without incurring any penalty.
  • There is no formal deadline for accepting your offer, however until you have accepted we cannot continue processing your application which may delay sending important documents.

Send official documentation

  • Check your offer email and ensure that we receive all outstanding documents as soon as possible. You will not be able to officially choose courses or register as a student until we have these.
  • Please send official documents and transcripts directly from your institution or study abroad adviser. This includes transcript services such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse. These should be sent to
  • We cannot accept hard copy documents

Apply for accommodation

  • Apply for accommodation using your LSE for You details. 
  • You must have accepted your offer in order to be considered for guaranteed accommodation.
  • Plan to arrive in London and move into your accommodation by Sunday 19th September 2021.
  • If you wish to live in private accommodation, please visit our accommodation pages for further information and advice.

Apply for a John C Phelan scholarship - opening 1 February 2021

  • Applications will open on the 1st February 2021 and a link to the application form will be posted here.
  • Apply by downloading and completing the General Course Scholarship Form (PDF). If you have any queries please email
  • Please ensure that you read the guidance on the last page of the application form.
  • Please return your application form, including an academic reference (this can be the same as one used on your initial GC application), by email to We cannot accept hard copy applications.

Complete the online Financial Undertaking Form

  • You will receive an email requesting that you complete an online Financial Undertaking Form. Please complete the form as soon as possible, as this informs us who should receive the invoice.
  • Please speak with your study abroad advisor prior to completing the form if you are unsure of how your LSE tuition fee will be paid.
  • If you are applying for scholarships or financial aid, you will still need to complete the form so that we can invoice the correct person. Fill out the details regardless of potential funding, and this can be taken into account if it is granted.
  • You will need to fill out this form before we can issue you with the CAS letter which you wil need for your visa application.

Apply for a Student Visa from the end of June

  • Visit the LSE International Student Visa Advice Team (ISVAT) webpages and read their guidance for General Course students. If you have any questions regarding visas then please contact ISVAT by completing their online enquiry form.
  • Ensure you meet the below criteria in order to be able to receive your CAS by the earliest possible issue date:

    • You hold an unconditional offer
    • You have firmly accepted your offer on LSE for You
    • You have returned a scanned copy of your passport photo page to (we will email you to request this in the coming months)
    • You have completed the Financial Undertaking Form

Indicate your course preferences

  • You will be emailed and asked to complete an online survey to confirm your 4 course choices (or equivalent in half unit options) for your year at LSE. These will then be reviewed and you will be contacted over the summer months should we have any comments or concerns. The courses you select at this stage will also be used to allocate you to an academic department at LSE, and are not a guarantee.
  • You will be asked in early September to register officially for your LSE courses for the year.
  • When making your final course choices please consult the Undergraduate Course Catalogue and the additional guidance provided on course levels and economics options.
  • Please ensure that you liaise with your home institution regarding credit transfer options. It is the responsibility of your home institution to determine whether credit will be awarded.

Consider health insurance

  • For information about access to healthcare for international students, please visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website or contact the LSE International Student Visa Advice Team (ISVAT).
  • You can also visit our healthcare page for further guidance on services available

 You may decide to take out private health insurance during your stay in the UK. There are many companies who provide a range of private services. LSE is unable to make recommendations about the best private health insurance provider for your needs.