Students interested in applying during the 2022-2023 academic year should read our guidance notes and click here to complete the application form.
As part of the application process, you are requested to submit the following documents through LSE’s website portal, LSE For You :
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Short letter of support/reference from supervisor;
- Copy of your most recent PhD progress report (if applicable);
- Evidence of English Language Ability; and
- Statement of Academic Purpose explaining: Progress towards completion of your research; Why a visit to the host partner institution would benefit you and what you intend to do here; A timetable for your work during the visit; indicating the scholar(s) with whom you hope to work with.
The Academic Panel at LSE reviews the application and may request any further information required.
If your application is successful, Global Opportunities LSE (GO LSE) will liaise with your prospective host advisor(s) to establish and confirm whether they are available to host you.
LSE’s Graduate Admissions Office will contact successful students by email and send them a letter of invitation.
Under the terms of the PhD Mobility Exchange Agreement with Partners, LSE will waive any applicable tuition fees for the duration of the research visit.