This Evaluation of the Council of Europe Action Plan aimed to provide the stakeholders of AP with an objective assessment of the results that have been achieved through the CoE’s support and partnerships with other key actors.
The main objectives of the evaluation were:
- To assess the outcomes achieved by the projects implemented in the framework of the AP, and identify to what extent they have helped Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) to move towards necessary reforms in line with the CoE’s standards and to advance on its European Union (EU) accession agenda;
- To provide a picture on the way the CoE has implemented the projects (working/implementation methods) in the framework of the AP, as well as on the obstacles faced, if any;
- To learn lessons from the way in which the CoE managed the implementation of the projects in the framework of the AP;
- To provide recommendations for the development of the potential upcoming Council of Europe Action Plan for Bosnia and Herzegovina 2022-2025 to be based on lessons learnt and best practices;
- To assess the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the related restriction measures on the implementation of the AP and the progress towards the achievement of its outcomes;
- To assess the degree to which gender has been mainstreamed though the implementation of the Action Plan;
- To assess the degree to which a human rights-based approach has been integrated in the Action Plan implementation.