Primary Investigator: Panos Kanavos
Project Coodinator: Hala Hourani
Start Date: 01 Janaury 2014
End Date: 31 December 2015
Keywords: chronic non-communicable diseases, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes, cancer, mental health, European Union, mapping, health policy, health technology regulation & assessment
MAPPING_NCD mapped European Union member state activity, investment and initiatives to combat NCDs, describing and quantifying their impact in five key disease areas: cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes, cancer and mental health. More specifically, the project had six distinct objectives:
- Identify current EU-funded, as well as national, regional and charitable research programmes and initiatives in the field of chronic non-communicable diseases.
- Map the scale and scope of research activities in this area, including the research fields addressed and their implementation modalities.
- Provide adequate comparison of data and results through the use of common definition criteria and methodology.
- Analyse their funding sources and map the impact of overall investments and outputs to date.
- Identify potential overlaps, synergies, gaps and opportunities for future collaboration.
- Contribute to the development of evidence-based policies towards supporting coordinated approaches in chronic non-communicable diseases research.
See more information on project findings and outcomes.