Thank you for your interest in the EMPA programme. Please see below for information on how to make your application.
Application status: Open
We start accepting applications for the September 2024 intake in October 2023. As the programme operates a rolling admissions there are no deadlines, however we encourage prospective students to submit applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
The minimum entry requirements for the EMPA programme are:
- 2:1 degree or higher, 3.5 or higher GPA or an equivalent international qualification*
- Higher standard of English
- Five or more years work experience*
- Personal statement
- Resume or CV
- Two references - either two academic OR one professional (most recent employer) and one academic OR two professional, if you have been out of university education for more than 6 years
*If your qualifications or experience are slightly below the requirement, we would encourage you to contact the EMPA programme team at Spp.Exec.Admissions@lse.ac.uk to discuss options. We can take into consideration mitigating factors for not meeting requirements, and compensating factors such as relevant professional experience and a candidate's potential.
A member of the EMPA team will be happy to talk to you about the programme's benefits and challenges. If this is of interest please contact Spp.Exec.Admissions@lse.ac.uk. We can also provide advice on suitability for the programme if you share a copy of your CV. Finally, we would also be happy to put you in contact with an EMPA alumnus to get a 'student' perspective on the programme.
To learn more about the Executive MPA, visit the EMPA programme page.
The application process
- All applications must go through the Graduate Admissions Office. We cannot accept applications sent directly to us and any queries must be directed to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Application materials and instructions are available on the Graduate Admissions web site. Apply now for graduate programmes.
Answers to questions about the admissions process can be found in the Graduate Admissions FAQ's.
If you still find you have more questions about the application process and how to apply, please contact Graduate Admissions.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7955 7160
The London School of Economics and Political Science,
PO Box 13420,
To find out what you need to do to obtain the correct kind of immigration permission, please read through the information provided on the School's International Student Visa Advice Team (ISVAT) pages via the links below:
Visa information for executive master's students